Marx on Free Trade

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 24 13:53:49 PDT 2001

> There has never been an anti-globalization "in the
> abstract." You
> think the imperialists want to call what they're
> doing by it's real
> name? Hence their endless proliferation of
> euphemisms and epithets.

Well, what I mean is that we should not be against globalization but we should counter global capitalism...counter it ,but not with the goal of returning to nationalism or tribalism.

Time magazine cited Hardt and Negri and more or less said..."see there, even two Marxists are for globalization"...and they used this as a way of trying to put down the so-called "anti-globalization" movement. By saying "in the abstract" I was just trying to say that Hardt and Negri are not against globalization per se.

-Thomas

===== "The tradition of all the dead generations

weighs like a nightmare on the brain of the living"

-Karl Marx