Data sources on Jews in America

Kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Thu Oct 25 07:58:33 PDT 2001

a request from another list:

From: Jay Howard <jhoward at iupui.edu> Recently a very anti-Semitic letter to the editor appeared in our local paper. The writer claimed that while Jews are 2 percent of the US population they control the "bulk of the wealth of this country" and that the media are controlled through Jewish ownership thus distorting coverage of things like the attacks on September 11th.

I have been hunting for evidence to refute the author's unsubstantiated claims, but the only data I have been able to turn up so far looks at wealth and/or income by race. Since Jews are considered an ethnic group in most of the sources lump Jews into the "White" category. Does anyone know of a source that compares wealth/income by ethnicity or by religion? Does anyone have a source that can shed some light on the ownership of media corporations?

Thanks!

Jay Howard