Note to the "ladder of force left"

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 25 17:32:44 PDT 2001

>Carl Remick wrote:
>
>>Then I don't understand why you condone or call for "considerable
>>use of force," since application of US force is guaranteed to be
>>"out of all proportion to the stimulus."
>
>I've responded to this so many times that I wonder whether you have a
>reading comprehension problem (which seems unlikely) or whether it's
>some meconnaissance systematique de la realite, as the man said
>(which seems more likely).
>
>Doug

Well, whether I need my spectacles adjusted or am ensnared in solipsism, I still can't tell when you're being hortatory versus observational. This all goes back to your memorable NYO comment: "Clearly, considerable use of force will have to be used to capture these motherfuckers." That stark comment, especially in the context of that silly NYO article, seems an urgent *call* for vigilante justice. Are you saying it was merely a *forecast* of our inevitable recourse to idiotic, counterproductive violence, given US outrage?

Carl

Carl