DEBKA: US 100% behind Sharon's war, C-17's fly in

Hakki Alacakaptan nucleus at superonline.com
Thu Oct 25 11:43:44 PDT 2001

DEBKA file reports that after Perez's visit the U.S. has dropped all pretense of reproving the IDF's invasion of Palestinian territories. "I didn't hear a word of criticism. I heard a good deal of understanding", says Perez.

U.S. reported to be "losing patience with the Arab and Muslim world, friends and foes alike". The part about the friends is probably just Israeli hawkish wishful thinking. DEBKA points to the retraction of the Ramadan bombing halt promise but Doug Henwood just posted a report that bombing cutbacks were on the way.

Israeli and Jordanian airspace has been closed while giant U.S. C-17 transports are flying in. Israel looks set to complete on schedule the plan presented to the cabinet by Chief of Staff Shaul Mofaz last July, entitled "The destruction of the Palestinian Authority and disarmament of all armed forces".

Hakki Alacakaptan