Hitch on Henry

Peter K. peterk at enteract.com
Thu Oct 25 21:19:19 PDT 2001

>yes! peterk at enteract.com is his email address! (idiotic microsoft products
>that suppress such supposedly unnecess. information)
>

>kelley

no shit sherlock. I'd hope people wouldn't convict me of heroworship or fetishization. (what would slavoj say?) I'd gladly plead guilty in the case of Stereolab. http://www.stereolab.co.uk/ (The groop's playing Chicago Halloween night.(!)) They recorded their latest at somtime-Baffler writer Steve Albini's Electric Studios from Oct 2000 to Feb 2001 and are playing at the University of Chicago, too (as in the Chicago school). From the school newspaper:

"The Major Activities Board (MAB) will be bringing Stereolab and Quasi to campus on November 2. The bands will play MAB's first of three expected concerts this year in Mandel Hall. A combination of '60s rock and art-rock, Stereolab is known for combining electronics with French lyrics about Marxist revolutionary politics. Maroon Voices editor P. Turner Beatty calls Stereolab "the pre-eminent future-perfect band currently recording."

Peter

PS Hitchens has a new book out, Letters to a Young Contrarian, which is a good read, especially if you enjoy seeing religion take it in the neck.