Andy Pandy

Dennis dperrin13 at mediaone.net
Fri Oct 26 07:23:05 PDT 2001

[Raimondo just loves beating up on Andy Sullivan -- and I love to watch! DP]

So call off the dogs of perpetual war, Bill Kristol and Michael Barone - and somebody puh-leeze tell Andrew Sullivan to chill out, willya? Candy Andy was his usual fun-loving self the other day, averring that in the past the US has wielded the threat of nuclear retaliation against biological warfare, and demanding that the Bushies "act now" and "draw a line." This, we are assured, "need not mean nuclear weapons" - but, then again, it just might be a good idea, anyway. Oh, Sullivan is an expert on everything: even before the scientific evidence was in, he just knew it was Iraq all along:

"At this point, it seems to me that a refusal to extend the war to Iraq is not even an option. We have to extend it to Iraq. It is by far the most likely source of this weapon; it is clearly willing to use such weapons in the future; and no war against terrorism of this kind can be won without dealing decisively with the Iraqi threat. We no longer have any choice in the matter."

~ Andrew Sullivan, 10/17/01

Wrong, Andy, dead wrong: but of course we'll never see any acknowledgment of his error. Never mind that, if he'd had his way, the US would have nuked Iraq last week. Being the fair-haired neocon boy-pundit of both the London and the New York Times means never having to say you're sorry. It kind of reminds me of the idiot who killed a turban-wearing immigrant from India, because, as he told his wife, "all Arabs should be shot." When the cops came to his Phoenix home to arrest him, he reportedly said: "I'm an American. Arrest me and let those terrorists run wild?" The differences between this drunken sub-literate wife-beating fool and the literary wonder boy of the neocon set are superficial: morally, they are brothers under the skin - though at least the Arizona knuckle-dragger had the courage to act on his murderous convictions. All Sullivan can do is write in his little weblog - and thank God for that!

http://www.antiwar.com/justin/justincol.html