BVM weighs in

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Oct 26 07:51:47 PDT 2001

From: fatimapr at softcom.ca <fatimapr at softcom.ca> To: "Your Solution Against Terrorism" <fatimapr at softcom.ca> Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 10:48:20 -0400 Subject: "RALLY AGAINST TERRORISM"

MEDIA RELEASE FROM: THE FATIMA CENTER, 266 Elmwood Ave., Buffalo, NY 14222 CONTACT: Coralie Graham, 905-871-7607 or coraliegraham at softcom.ca OR WEBSITE: www.fatima.org 26 October 2001 - FOR RELEASE: IMMEDIATE

"RALLY AGAINST TERRORISM" SET FOR NEW YORK Mid-November prayer campaign targets 6 million Catholics

Thousands of Catholics in New York and around the world believe that the terrorist attack against the World Trade Center was prophesied by the Blessed Virgin Mary to three shepherd children at Fatima, Portugal, on July 13th, 1917. A Rally Against Terrorism, to be held at New York's Hotel Pennsylvania, from Saturday, November 10th through Monday, November 12th, will offer New Yorkers the chance to do something positive to make world leaders listen to the Fatima Message.

The Blessed Virgin Mary said, "If My requests are not granted ... the good will be martyred, the Holy Father will have much to suffer, various nations will be annihilated." According to Father Nicholas Gruner, the "Fatima Priest", this foretells tragic events like those of September 11th. "This is it!", he says, "This is what Our Lady tried to warn us about."

The Rally Against Terrorism is being held in New York because, the organizers say, of the nearly 300 million Americans who are at risk of annihilation, New Yorkers should be the most aware of the death and destruction which can be rained on us from the skies or delivered through the mail. The only thing we can do to protect ourselves, they say, is to pray and campaign for obedience to the Message of Fatima.

Attenders at the rally will hear seven distinguished speakers, including Father Gruner, explain the simple, step-by-step instructions Our Lady gave us for averting an even worse disaster. "Everything else has been tried," the Fatima Priest says. "We have nothing to lose, and world peace to gain, by insisting that the Pope and all the bishops do what Our Lady of Fatima has commanded." Participants will be urged to play their part in making this happen.

There will also be opportunities to join in Masses, Rosaries and other prayerful devotions offered up in remembrance of those who have died and for the protection of the living. Admission to the Rally Against Terrorism is free. Sessions are scheduled from 8:45 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. on Saturday, Sunday and Monday, November 10th through 12th, at New York's Hotel Pennsylvania, 401 - 7th Avenue, between 32nd and 33rd Streets. Further information can be found on the Fatima Website: - 30 - NOTE TO MEDIA: We especially invite members of the press--including electronic media as well as print--to attend and cover the Rally Against Terrorism. For more information, contact Arthur Skinner or Coralie Graham at the Fatima Center, telephone 1-866-871-7723, or, outside North America, +1-905-871-7607, or e-mail Coralie Graham,

BACKGROUNDER The Fatima Center is the largest worldwide Fatima Apostolate dedicated to promoting the full Fatima Message. It campaigns tirelessly for: the release of the complete Third Secret; and the Consecration of Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. It is home to The Fatima Crusader, a quarterly magazine with a circulation of 500,000 copies per issue. The Center's outreach also includes book publishing, a website, radio and television. For more information, visit <www.fatima.org> or contact Coralie Graham, the Fatima Center, 266 Elmwood Ave., Buffalo, NY 14222; telephone 905-871-7607, ext. 103.