numbers problems

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 26 21:19:36 PDT 2001

>From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
>
>Justin Schwartz wrote:
>
>>Irresponsible is not the same thing as unreasonable. It may be
>>irresponsible to offer a reasonable estimate or guess. And no one
>>was thinking clearly at the time.
>
>Besides, what's the point? 2,000-3,000 ain't so bad?

Yes, 2-3K is bad enough. All the more reason that Brad should not have started babbling about a death count 10 times that on the basis of no evidence at all. His very first comment was to compare the likely WTC toll to that of total US deaths in the Korean War. I don't think encouraging hysteria is ever helpful.

>This, from Mr
>Carl "No Civilian Casualties" Remick?
>
>Doug

I've been called worse, Mr. Doug "Red in Tooth & Claw" Henwood ;-)

Carl