[Fwd: Re: book: wittgenstein's poker]

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 29 08:51:36 PST 2001

If I had to name The 20th C Greatest Philosopher of
>>Science,
>>I'd have to say Kuhn.
>>

>kuhn was certainly the most popular. the greatest? if you say so.

I think that Ten Greatest Lists are silly. But if there is one in Phil Sci, Kuhn is on it. Maybe Popper too, why by churlish.

>i am too much of a PKF groupie to accept it.

I like Feyerabend, even though my first diss adviser strong urged me never to mention him in polite company.

>if i remember right, in the preface or introduction to one of his
>"common man"'s philosophy texts (the philosophy of logical atomism?),

Nothing "common mannish" atbout that text,w hich at any rate was early in their relationship

jks>