Antiwar movement losing steam?????

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 29 12:16:15 PST 2001

--- Nathan Newman <nathan at newman.org> wrote:
> In NYC, I heard the last mass meeting of the
> broadest left coalition
> collapsed into chaos when the minority of farther
> left activists refused to
> allow the addition of "bringing the perpetrators to
> justice" to the
> coalition goals

This is exactly what is happening around here in San Francisco. The so-called "vanguard" groups, like Workers World Party and others vote down any attempts to raise the issue of the terrorists role in this.

Quite frankly, I support attempts to split away from the WWPs (and other "vanguard" led) coalitions. I think in the long-run it will draw more forces to the anti-war movement...r

How can thousands die (not to mention the many thousands more who will be directly affected by their deaths such as children, spouses, friends etc) and this fact be neglected by much of the Left (specifically by the WWPs, Sparts and other pan-stalinist zombies on the Left)?

I also think it is appropriate to pose a question ad hominem, what kind of people would react as the vanguard Left has in response to this tragedy? In my mind, these people are so into abstract politics and so alienated from their own humanity that they are incapable of true sympathy.

The antiwar movement needs to march forward and over these vanguard groups.

Thomas

===== "The tradition of all the dead generations

weighs like a nightmare on the brain of the living"

-Karl Marx