Antiwar movement losing steam?????

Max Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Mon Oct 29 14:30:17 PST 2001

Certainly not OBL. It fails to include measures that would bring him to ground; concessions to Muslims or anyone else sends the message that his attack was worthwhile and that more might even be better; any such concessions will be inadequate in his view (especially a "just peace in the ME"); and defense of civil liberties (which I'm for) makes it easier for him to mount further attacks.

This is not a policy, not because its elements are bad things. They aren't. They are not responsive to what in the Sam Hill is going on.

mbs

>- cooperative police work between nations to catch the perpetrators
>- international tribunals to try them for war crimes to assure global
>acceptance of their trials
>- addressing real grievances of the muslim world (such as the Palestinian
>cause) to isolate the murderers from the general population
>- global economic justice to eliminate the misery which feeds resentment
>against the US and sympathy for such terrorism
>- defense of civil liberties in favor of sane security measures that don't
>breed more police abuses and cycles of resentment and violence

Anyone have a problem with that list?

Carl