Antiwar movement losing steam?????

Kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Mon Oct 29 22:01:30 PST 2001

At 11:46 PM 10/29/01 -0600, Lou Paulsen wrote:
>(Although the Bush
>administration blurs the distinction between the Taliban and al-Qaeda in
>public perception.)

yes and no. the reason for going after the Taliban is because they asked the Taliban to turn Al Qaeda over. They asked them to cooperate. The Taliban did not. (Yes, I know, why should they) On the other hand, they knew what saying Fuck You to the US would mean. They made a choice. They're getting bombed because of that choice, according to Shrubya and according to most USers.

it's a bit foolish to fail to acknowledge that. in my experience, anyway, the most astute of your audience will point it out and you will look foolish for blaming shrub for something that's really quite typical in nation state relations. (hell, it ain't unusual in relations b/t states in the US of A). now, you can go on and on about how evil the administration was for throwing its weight around like the big bully on the block, i agree, but a lot of folks don't, even if they don't like to see innocent afghan civilians getting bombed.