Max's wager (edited)

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Tue Oct 30 02:57:25 PST 2001

[Oops. That last one slipped out, and slipped up]

On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, Max Sawicky wrote:

> I am happy to be more precise. I would say that after next year's
> spring offensive, if there are no more explicit attacks on targets in
> the U.S. resulting in mass deaths for the next two years, and no
> mega-attacks for the next five years, the U.S. response could be
> looked upon as having worked on one level.

How big is a mega-attack? Does the attack on the Cole qualify? Khobar towers? Just for specificity's sake.

And is there a difference between mega-attacks and large scale? I'm not sure I understand the US 2 year/anywhere 5 year distinction.

And do attacks on US installations overseas count as "in the US?"

As I read it, this is a bet that there will be no mega-attacks against any US installations anywhere in the next five years, with the Cole or Khobar Towers counting as "mega." Is that a fair reading?