Britain: Reports admit this is a war for oil

Hakki Alacakaptan nucleus at superonline.com
Tue Oct 30 05:04:05 PST 2001

Thanks for confirming and repeating my earlier posts. There is one figure that also bears repetition (read more in my Oct 26 post: Baku-Ceyhan "reality" vs the Afghan "pipe dream") : Central Asian oil & gas reserves are worth about $3 TRILLION at last year's prices. That's hardly what you might call a "subtext" of the war, it's no less than a blazing *headline*.

Hakki Alacakaptan