Antiwar movement losing steam?????

Gordon Fitch gcf at panix.com
Tue Oct 30 09:12:33 PST 2001

> > The implication of your objection as given is
> > that you have another theory which states that all attempts
> > to see the world coherently are "sectarian" and therefore bad.
> > But this would also be "sectarian" in the sense you seem to
> > be using the word. Or am I barking up the wrong tree here?

Dennis:
> Well, I suppose if you break it down, we are all sectarians of one (a
> concept that would delight Max Stirner or Karl Kraus, I'm sure). My main
> beef with Chuck is his romantic vision of anarchism, one that hardly squares
> with the real world. Now, he's certainly free to imagine and visualize
> anything he likes, indeed he should; but when it comes to offering concrete
> suggestions as to What To Do (the Afghan Lincoln Brigades, for instance), he
> often stretches his romantic vision to absurd lengths, which comes from the
> position that everything must be ideologically filtered for any
> contaminants, or WWBD.

There's something to be said for ideological filtering of the proper sort, though. For instance, you could have taken Chuck0's suggestion as no more than a speculation on what an anarchist response _in_an_anarchist_world_ would look like, as I did. But then it would have afforded a less juicy opportunity for derision.

-- Gordon