Antiwar movement losing steam?????

Kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Tue Oct 30 09:33:58 PST 2001

At 05:19 PM 10/30/01 +0000, Carl Remick wrote:

>Seems to me a very exhausting exercise in rebranding, when leftist
>energies might be devoted to other more productive ends. But, sure, it
>might work in the long term. Madison Ave. has certainly worked wonders
>along these lines -- see http://www.slate.msn.com/?id=2057839
>
>Carl

firstly, it takes very little work. it would take less if people on the left weren't so knee jerk in their assessments about what the flag ostensibly means. who cares. so i fly a the corporate flag--with corp logos for the stars. so, i fly a flag with the poem Let America Be America Again next to it. very little work, and a lot of young black men in my neighborhood stop and read something they might not have been exposed to otherwise.

since you called for building better slogans, then i take it that's what you're doing in your spare time.