Antiwar movement losing steam?????

Alec Ramsdell aramsdell at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 30 11:28:49 PST 2001

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Kelley wrote:

> authority?
> >>
> >>The secret leader.
> >>
> >>Doug
> >

> >that's not what charismatic authority means.
>
> And how do you think this secret leader operates if
> not by
> charismatic authority? Not by police power or
> bureaucratic
> imperative, for sure.

So what are the groups not caught in this dialectic? How would Zizek propose to break groups from this spell (if he's said anything on the matter)? Old-fashioned organizing? And without police power or bureaucratic imperative, where does agency and responsibility figure into the authoritarianism?

Alec