Change the thread title!

Chris Burford cburford at gn.apc.org
Tue Oct 30 12:53:26 PST 2001

Since yesterday there have been over a hundred posts entitled "Antiwar movement losing steam" - just when it is the US government and its ally Blair that is getting bogged down in more and more problems.

Checking out the list just presents an impression of defeatism.

I suppose in mitigation it can be said there have been over 500 question marks after it.

But this seems to me eloquent of how the left has the greatest difficulty in seeing itself as anything but oppositional, weak, and hopeless.

Chris Burford

London