Change the thread title!

Rob Schaap rws at comedu.canberra.edu.au
Tue Oct 30 23:31:07 PST 2001

G'day Carl,

>>The victories in winning
>>hegemonic ascendancy in the emerging global civil society have been huge.
>>
>>And in a humble way, lists such as this have contributed to them.
>
>That, OTOH, sounds a bit too Uriah Heep-ish.

Reminds me of the *real* Uriah Heep's great headbangin' LP *Look at Yourself*. Never thought of their lyrics as poignantly pithy, mind, but guess that's just coz Dave Byron was three decades ahead of his time when he bellowed out

[Am G] Look back and turn back [Am E] Look at yourself [Am G] Don't be afraid, just [Am E - G - E] Look at yourself

It's all there, eh? And three whole cords, too.

Heepstyrically yours, Rob.