Net War (Re: Antiwar movement losing steam?????)

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Wed Oct 31 15:25:20 PST 2001

Kelley wrote:

> At 11:28 AM 10/30/01 -0500, Chuck0 wrote:
>
> >If I can find the URL for the new RAND book on Net War I'll send it to
> >the list. I suggest reading this book, because it gives away most of the
> >playbook that myself and other anti-capitalists have been using for the
> >past 5 years.
>
> well, not for lack of some folks who've been promoting the model for years.
> good thing they don't listen, huh? distributed pentagon. heh. just what we
> need.
> --
> DOD envisions virtual Pentagon
>
> In light of information infrastructure vulnerabilities exposed by the
> terrorist attacks on September 11, the Department of Defense (DoD) is
> developing plans for a 'virtual Pentagon' or 'distributed Pentagon', which
> would allow continuous operations even in case of a large scale attack on
> the Pentagon.
>
> http://www.fcw.com/fcw/articles/2001/1029/web-pent-10-30-01.asp

<cough>

Wasn't this why the Pentagon supported DARPA's development of the Internet?

I swear, I'm convinced more than ever that the U.S. government is totally incompetent.

You know, when I first heard about Bush's proposal for the "Office of National Homeland Defense," I guffawed pretty audibly. I muttered to myself: "Hasn't anybody told Bush that he already has this and it's called the Pentagon, CIA, and FBI?"

Chuck0