Max imagines the sponsored future...

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Sep 4 14:04:23 PDT 2001

[bounced bec posted from a non-sub'd address - not Bacardi, Max! they support right-wing Cubans - now if Laphraoig wants to talk a deal...]

XFrom: sawicky at epinet.org (Max Sawicky) Subject: It Was the Best of Times, It Was Miller Time Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 16:46:42 -0400

Article in the NYT on Fay Weldon's latest novel. Seems she accepted compensation for using a company's name (some kind of jewelry shop) in her book, including in the title.

Any day now in the LBO we'll see something like this:

"As I sit here before my Macintosh, my rage at the arrogance of Allan Greenspan grew uncontrollably. It took a Bacardi cocktail to calm me down . . . "

iDoug Henwood

mbs