Jewish Collegians Prepare to Defend Israel on the Campuses

Brad DeLong jbdelong at uclink.berkeley.edu
Tue Sep 4 14:44:13 PDT 2001

>It was disgusting! Needless to say, something had to be done. As
>I found myself standing close by the Arab students, I decided to
>start up the chant, "Victory to Iraq!" (military victory, of
>course, but I wished to keep the slogan short, sharp and to the
>point, even if a bit of political correctness was sacrificed). The
>Arab (or Middle Eastern) ad hoc "contingent" immediately, without
>hesitation, took up the chant to great and loud effect.
>
>Rightist flags and faces got droopy real quick - the innocents were
>shit-faced, speechless that anyone on 'muricun soil could call for
>the victory of the enemy! Now, that's how you shut up a
>rightwinger. Leftist apologists are another matter ;-)
>
>The American-style leftists were conspicuous in their silence, alas.
>Still dazzled by those Stars 'n Stripes, I suppose.

Or perhaps thinking that the As-Sabah are kinder, gentler rulers than the Al-Tikriti, and that a world in which the first rather than the second rule Kuwait is a better place? Perhaps thinking that they had signed up to change the world, not to be outriders for a dictator who has started two wars?

Brad DeLong