Post-American Age

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Tue Sep 4 21:51:37 PDT 2001

On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, Chuck Grimes wrote:

> What's wrong with these letters is that they fail to make it explicit
> that the WB like the IMF and WTO are merely extensions of US foreign
> policy that are managed strictly for the benefit of US elites. These
> are international means to manipulating numerous local domestic
> policies and coordinate them for the interest and benefit of US
> corporate/governance.

On the bright side, those US elites are economically and financially *owned* by East Asia and the EU, so we're certain to experience a delightfully vicious, sustained and messy legitimation crisis, as Babylon eats itself (or in more Marxist terminology, as neoliberalism's US superstructures and EU/East Asian infrastructures claw each other's eyes out). Remember, the US owes its paymasters trillions in currency units which, in a mere 118 days, will no longer be its own.

You know I honestly have to admit, I do not understand financial and currancy markets (exchange rates, credits, bonds, loans, etc) and what it means when they move around in what appears to me to be imaginary circles.

My images of it are from the Federal Reserve in SF where they literally move money around on fork-lifts so there are actually pallets stacked in different little areas painted on the floor that I guess represent the current deposits of various banks (?).

To my material and mechanical mind, this is really insane bullshit...

Oh, gawd, Vern, we're broke. Hide those fifty pallets around that corner so we won't see them. If anybody asks, we'll pretend they are not here any more.

Why is that Herb?

Because some Japanese guy called upstairs and they said so.

Oh, okay, then.

Chuck Grimes