nference on Racism:Jewish Caucus Statement

Dennis dperrin13 at mediaone.net
Fri Sep 7 06:40:58 PDT 2001

> Macdonald Stainsby wrote:
>
> >I say it's time to get real. Canada must be abolished, so must America
and
> >Israel, Australia....etc etc... followed by something entirely new which
> >addresses the injustices of the past - based on equal negotiations. It is
> >dreamland to think otherwise- something as sinister in formation as
Israel
> >cannot possibly be reformed. It is cancer on the entire region and must
be
> >obliterated *politically* so as we can move forward. Perhaps two states
are
> >neccessary- but they will both be new and not racially or religiously
based or
> >they will fail.
>
> This is strange. You concede that the U.S., Canada, and Australia
> should all go - France too? Japan? India? - but then return to the
> theme of Israel as being particularly malignant. That sort of thing
> looks bad. Maybe it's because you're a Leninist that you can't do the
> anti-statist routine very convincingly, so instead of calling for an
> end to nation-states in general, we get... what? I'm not sure. And
> how can the state go without having any consequences for the people
> involved?
>
> Doug

I would add to Doug's "strange" politically and socially unfeasible under the current conditions -- especially in the rich West. As an anarchist I would love to see the nation state and the imperialism that props it up go; but the moment is far from right, and it's gonna take decades, perhaps centuries, before this idea is put into practice, if ever. Grand progressive dreams are usually just that. It is in the everyday, in the grime and mire of dull existence, where change will be made. Progressive human change is a slow, slow process, and is handed from generation to generation, assuming it hasn't been wiped out or co-opted by reaction. The cry that "all states must go" is nice to the ear, but empty, banner-waving rhetoric.

DP