men and women

James Baird jlbaird3 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 7 11:43:37 PDT 2001

> Fat is a class issue. I've heard it said - and
> though I haven't
> factchecked this, it sounds entirely right from what
> I've seen - that
> there isn't a single fat CEO of a Fortune 500
> company. And contrast
> slender marathon runner Robert Rubin with the 300-lb
> steak and wine
> for breakfast J.P. Morgan. Urban yuppies of both
> sexes are generally
> fit; plumpies are rare.
>
> Doug

I remember I was visiting my sister in Boston a few years back and there was a mini-uproar in the Globe. Seems a Beacon Hill matron, noticing someone putting up posters for a "fat acceptance" meeting, made the helpful suggestion that, while it was a good cause and all, they should probably save their posters for someplace else because "rich people aren't fat."

Jim Baird