Hi-jack fall-out

Max Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Tue Sep 11 08:44:15 PDT 2001

The likelihood is bombing missions against Afghanistan & Libya, maybe Iran. Tonight. Clinton nat'l security people are quoted as saying *only* Osama Bin Laden could have done this because of the logistical burden. Eagleburger said the U.S. should attack terrorists whether they have evidence of involvement or not. They should also declare war on any country sheltering Bin Laden or anyone else deemed a threat.

I don't expect much in the U.S. in terms of local chauvinism.

If anything, this reduces the case for Star Wars, and inflates the case for everything else.

Mostly I'm worried about a couple of my oldest friends who work in lower Manhattan. Haven't been able to reach their homes due to busy signals.

mbs

-----Original Message----- From: owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com [mailto:owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com]On Behalf Of Nathan Newman Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2001 11:14 AM To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Subject: Re: Hi-jack fall-out

The immediate fallout is full funding for Star Wars. Any appeal to defense measures against "rogue nations" will do well.

Nathan nathan at newman.org http://www.nathannewman.org ----- Original Message ----- From: "James Heartfield" <Jim at heartfield.demon.co.uk> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2001 10:53 AM Subject: Hi-jack fall-out

The likely fall-out from the attacks on the World Trade Centre and Pentagon would be attacks on US Arabs. I hope that we can use the list to co-ordinate information on repressive counter-measures. -- James Heartfield