Hi-jack fall-out

Ken Hanly khanly at mb.sympatico.ca
Tue Sep 11 11:36:51 PDT 2001

There is nothing to celebrate but the Palestinian reaction is certainly understandable. The powerless celebrate because a powerful and seemingly invulnerable enemy is shown to be subject to similar insane destruction as is wreaked upon them. THeir houses are bulldozed, kids throwing stones are killed, officials assassinated wtih impunity etc.etc. The great power that supplies the wherewithal for Israel to do this is not immune. The symbols of imperial power the trade towers and the pentagon...are not invulnerable. To the powerless this symbolic destruction gives a sense of empowerment.

I expect that an even larger number of Palestinians see nothing to celebrate, fearing further reprisals and an even harder line from Israel.

Cheers, Ken Hanly

----- Original Message ----- From: Seth Ackerman <sackerman at FAIR.org> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2001 12:54 PM Subject: RE: Hi-jack fall-out