Hi-jack fall-out

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 11 19:41:38 PDT 2001

>>>I saw some footage (bound to be repeazted ad nauseum)
>>>of Palastinians in Jerusalam celebrating. This is
>>>gonna get REAL ugly...
>>>
>>>Jim Baird
>>
>>From the Palestinian viewpoint, things have been real ugly for a while
>>now.
>
>25000 dead in half an hour ugly?
>
>Brad DeLong

Is that the estimate actually being made for the WTC bombing? All I know is that the Palestinians are outraged by US complicity with Israel and have tried unsuccessfully to communicate that outrage to us for a long time. Now that they or their allies appear to have succeeded in that aim, the US would be well advised to review its unconditional support of Israel and figure whether its worth the potential cost, an unending state of siege. Of course, that will not be our response; we're going to shoot the lights out in some benighted place or other, which will not help our security one bit.

Carl