Hi-jack fall-out

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Sep 11 13:56:55 PDT 2001

Brad DeLong wrote:

>No. I genuinely don't understand how anyone can think that killing a
>secretary working on the 80th floor of the World Trade Center hurts
>some organism called "the U.S." that, say, assisted Pinochet...

So how does killing half a million Iraqi kids hurt an organism called "Saddam"?

This is a country that drops bombs on people from miles in the sky, and launches cruises from thousdands of miles away, at almost no risk to its military personnel, much less civilians. You still can't understand how poor and powerless people might feel some rough justice in this?

Doug