Hi-jack fall-out

Forstater, Mathew ForstaterM at umkc.edu
Tue Sep 11 15:24:25 PDT 2001

my lecture in my Black Political Economy course today was on Fanon, Cesaire, and Cabral. Fanon, as many of you no doubt know, was a psychiatrist from Martinique who joined the FLN during the Algerian revolution, and author of _The Wretched of the Earth_, among other works (e.g., _Black Skin, White Masks_: "The colonized man finds his freedom in and through violence." Cesaire, poet, also from Martinique, and author of _Discourse on Colonialism_.: "_Europe_ _is_ _indefensible_." The ANC struggled nonviolently for 60 years, all the time subjected to the worst violence, before adopting violent resistence as a policy. But as far as I know, they targeted only military, police, etc.