[RRE]attack

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Tue Sep 11 15:44:22 PDT 2001

<forwarded>

Here are some more URL's relating to the attacks this morning.

a backup site that generally works when cnn.com does not

http://robots.cnn.com/

video of the second plane in New York

high bandwidth:

http://www.nytimes.com/library/national/091101plane1-large.html

low bandwidth:

http://www.nytimes.com/library/national/091101plane1-small.html

people's stories

http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGAVZWE2IRC.html

Hotline from the National Journal can be accessed today for free

http://hotlinescoop.com/web/content/hotline.htm

http://nationaljournal.com/pubs/hotline/extra/lastcall/

this site will register people who are safe

http://do.millennium.berkeley.edu/

you can query this site to search for people

http://do.millennium.berkeley.edu/find.php

military analysis

http://www.janes.com/

photos from Brooklyn of the buildings collapsing

http://www.indigo23.com/

an architect discussing how the buildings collapsed

http://home.actlab.utexas.edu/pipermail/discuss/2001-September/000226.html

Engineers Shocked By Towers Collapse

http://chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-010911kamin-towers.story

I've also been asked to encourage everyone to give blood. The Red Cross Web site and 800 number are down, but you can try local numbers.

I am not sending out much material because I'm unhappy at the amount of speculation in the media, even though much of it is labeled as such, and I don't want to add to it. I'm also unhappy with the loose uses of the word "war" that I'm hearing in the media, especially when used to urge suspension of civil liberties. We'll have to talk about the civil liberties consequences as we go along. But the important thing now is to be rational.

I'd prepared a package of URL's on other topics that I was going to send out this morning, but it doesn't seem decent. So I've put them up on the Web pages that are accessible through the RRE home page for anyone who wants to look at them.

http://dlis.gseis.ucla.edu/people/pagre/rre.html

Do send me anything else you find that's useful.

Phil