PLO Condemns WTC Murders

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org
Tue Sep 11 17:19:58 PDT 2001

Thankfully, the Palestinian leaders show more compassion for thousands, maybe tens of thousands of dead innocents, than many people on this list and can express condemnation of this act of mass murder without implying that the victims somehow deserved their fate for the acts of the US government.

>From Reuters

``We completely condemn this serious operation. ... We were completely shocked,'' Arafat told reporters in Gaza. ``It's an unbelievable disaster. It is touching our hearts. It is very difficult to explain my feelings. God help them. God help them.''

Palestinian Information Minister Yasser Abed Rabbo told Voice of Palestine radio: ``The Palestinian people express their utmost sympathy to the American people and to the innocent victims who perished in these sinful and criminal acts.''

Palestinian political factions said the attack contravenes ''all human principles and values regardless of the existing differences with the American administration.''