conspiracy theorizing....

Marco Anglesio mpa at the-wire.com
Tue Sep 11 21:50:51 PDT 2001

On Tue, 11 Sep 2001, kelley's correspondent wrote:
> doors are required to be locked at all times during flight. I find
> it difficult to believe that the gentlemen with knives could get the
> cockpit door open. (I would find it hard to believe even if they had

Get it open, no. But I have trouble seeing that they would think it was something other than a hijack/hostage situation; when confronted with the possibility of watching their co-workers and passengers being killed to emphasize the request, they'd probably open it fairly quickly.

> How the fuck _did_ they gain control of the plane? And once they
> did, how did they fly it? Flying a 767 is not an easy task, which

Flying, or the process of taking off, landing, and handling bad weather and adverse conditions? Not to say that every flight involves a crisis, but you pay your pilots well to attract those that can handle the crises. I doubt the terrorists handled takeoff, and we can probably guess that a pleasant flight or safe landing wasn't a big priority.

> Also, WTF were the passengers doing while they hijacked the flight?
> How many people armed only with knives would be required to subdue

A couple. Perhaps more. People, in general, don't act to end their lives one second earlier than required to by the Almighty. They'll actually go to some lengths to avoid it. As mentioned above, why should they have through that it was a suicide mission rather than a hijack and hostage-taking?

> fly the plane? How would all of these people, if ethnically or
> religiously tied to certain groups, get on board a flight with no one
> noticing, and without tripping the Sekr1t Pr0f1l1ng S0ftw at r3z? Why

They walked on separately, perhaps without waving firearms or chanting "Death to America" at the check-in desk? If they're bright enough to plan this and do it four times simultaneously, then they're probably bright enough to do it inconspicuously.

m.