American-Muslim & Arab-American Children Attacked

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Tue Sep 11 22:09:03 PDT 2001

***** To: AACO at yahoogroups.com, TheColumbusMuslim at yahoogroups.com From: "Ahmad Al-Akhras" <alakhras at hotmail.com> Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 23:57:43 -0400 Reply-To: AACO at yahoogroups.com Subject: [AACO] Fwd: Letter to Ohio School Superintendents

From: CAIR Ohio <ohio at cair-net.org>

The letter below was sent to all Ohio School Superintendents. CAIR Ohio requests all parents to take extra safety measures.

CAIR Ohio -----------------------------

In the Name of God, the Compassionate, the Merciful

CAIR-Ohio Council on American-Islamic Relations, Ohio 4700 Reed Road, Suite B Columbus, Ohio 43220 Tel: 614-451-3232 Fax (614)451-3222 E-Mail: ohio at cair-net.org URL: http://www.cair-net.org

September 11, 2001

Dear Superintendent:

In light of Tuesday's act of terrorism committed against our country, the Ohio Chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR-Ohio) is concerned about the potential ripple effect of this tragic situation to all school children and particularly children from Islamic and Middle Eastern backgrounds.

Our offices have been monitoring the situation throughout the state. We have been receiving numerous phone calls from concerned American Muslim parents regarding the mistreatment their children have experienced in some schools throughout the day. Some of these reports included incidents of verbal and physical attacks on the children due to their cultural and religious backgrounds.

The psychological effects of these horrible and evil terrorist acts that took place create a sense of helplessness, anger and outrage. We count on your professional care to ensure the safety and physical and emotional well being of all children during this time of heightened emotions.

Please do not hesitate to call us if we can be of assistance to you or your staff. Please call our office at (614)-451-3232.

Very truly yours,

Ahmad Al-Akhras, Ph.D. President *****

Yoshie