Hi-jack fall-out

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Tue Sep 11 23:30:28 PDT 2001

Nathan wrote:

> [...]

Disproportionate mass murder is exactly what the U.S. government specializes in, both through its own actions (e.g., economic sanctions of Iraq) and its proxies (consult, for instance, William Blum on this topic).

Whether the hijackers turn out to be members of the American Right, Osama bin Laden & Co., or some other group, most likely they were once directly or indirectly funded or trained by the U.S. government. Remember that both Timothy McVeigh & Osama bin Laden received training in warfare from the U.S. government. Over many decades, the U.S. government has funded, trained, and/or equipped *untold numbers* of soldiers, mercenaries, and/or paramilitary death squads in the USA, Asia, Africa, Latin America, & the Middle East. The only surprise is that blowbacks don't happen more often, given the number of potential terrorists "made in America."

Yoshie