Hi-jack fall-out

Marco Anglesio mpa at the-wire.com
Wed Sep 12 08:09:34 PDT 2001

On Wed, 12 Sep 2001, Daniel Davies wrote:
> station. More like ten thousand per tower in the actual buildings. Three
> hours is plenty of time to evacuate a building for the people below the flames.

IIRC, an hour and an hour and forty minutes, respectively, all without elevators. A third building (building 7) also collapsed due to fire. Plus all the rescue personnel that were in the building.

That said, I agree that 25k is on the high side as well. Probably half as much is reasonable (55k in towers x 80% attendance x 75% evacuation = 11 000 deaths ... all assumptions that Brad might approve of) which still makes it horrifying. Even one death would have been horrifying; this is wholesale murder.

Marco