Thought Experiment

Gary Ashwill gna at duke.edu
Wed Sep 12 10:02:26 PDT 2001

on 9/12/01 12:34 PM, lweiger at umich.edu at lweiger at umich.edu wrote:

> Would anyone sympathize with the Buddhists in Tibet if they celebrated the
> slaughter of 10,000+ Chinese civilians?

OK, this is getting out of hand. Who said "the Palestinians" are celebrating the deaths of thousands of civilians? Nathan was right to post Palestinian condemnations of the attacks. We should also note that these are not what's getting aired--instead we get endless replays of those 10 or so Palestinians, including children, supposedly celebrating. (Haven't seen much coverage today, so it's possible that's changed.) Lord knows what they were really doing, or what they were told had happened, so I wouldn't trust it just because U.S. media tells us it's so.

Gary Ashwill