Bin Laden: The story that needs to be told

Lawrence lawrence at krubner.com
Thu Sep 13 00:06:23 PDT 2001

> From: "Chris Kromm" <ckromm at mindspring.com>
> In your zeal to make a point, you're dead wrong. Many, many news
accounts --
> and I've been watching many -- have omitted the story of bin Laden's CIA
> connection. Stratfor's intelligence briefing on bin Laden -- widely
> circulated, quoted and posted on official news websites -- left out any
> reference of the Cold War context, CIA backing, or U.S. involvement on any
> level.

Hi Chris, a few words:

There is no proof as yet that Osama bin Laden was behind this attack. The full background, including events of 15 years ago, may come out, in background stories, if it turns out that he was, in fact, the mastermind of this attack.

Americans hate history. Events from 15 years ago may not seem relevant. The mainstream media has its political biases, but its primary bias is to make money, and it does that by being entertaining.

If the media did emphasize the historical connection, so what? Old allies sometimes become enemies. The Soviet Union was our ally during WWII, we poured aid of every kind into that country. Afterwards, it was our enemy. So? Things change.

Lawrence