(no subject)

Ken Hanly khanly at mb.sympatico.ca
Wed Sep 12 22:03:08 PDT 2001

Well while I was traveling to Brandon today listening to a talk show on the radio an American caller suggested that the appropriate response would be to nuke states that had harbored the terrorists. Another caller said that this provided a window of opportunity to destroy all rogue states and occupy them. That the US should really summon up the courage to do this if it were really serious about stopping this. States suggested were Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan, as I recall. So you see there is a considerable fellow feeling and similarity between the reactions of some Palestinians and US citizens to terrorist acts. Of course unless you think that Libya, Iraq, and Afghanistan were somehow carved out of US territory or at least displaced Americans the analogy is not perfect. And US citizens hardly live under the control of Libya, Iraq, and Afghanistan.

Cheers, Ken Hanly

----- Original Message ----- From: Brad DeLong <jbdelong at uclink.berkeley.edu> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2001 8:31 PM Subject: Re: (no subject)