Leo corrected

James Heartfield Jim at heartfield.demon.co.uk
Thu Sep 13 01:46:07 PDT 2001

> >>From: LeoCasey at aol.com
> >>
> >>But what is real offensive, so offensive I have difficulty finding the
words
> >>for my rage about it, is the series of posts from the Heartfields, the
> >>Hanleys and the like which offer the intellectual equivalents of the
> >>celebrations of joy in the streets of Nablus. It is obscene beyond
belief
> >>that they should foist upon us these justifications and explanations for
mass
> >>murder as a blow against American imperialism at a time like this.

In his self-confessed 'rage' Leo has lost control of his senses

What I actually wrote was:

"2. Terrorism is an anti-democratic by-passing of the masses

3. It would be infantile to take vicarious pleasure in a strike against New York that was delivered by an unseen hand;

and,

4. The possibilities of generalising this as a blow against US imperialism are pretty low;"

I don't blame Leo for being emotional, but emotional people don't generally talk a lot of sense. -- James Heartfield