Nathan corrected

Daniel Davies d_squared_2002 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 13 10:15:52 PDT 2001

--- lweiger at umich.edu wrote: >

> Osama bin Laden is the only terrorist we know

Could I just point out that unless there are lurkers I don't know about, or unless someone has taken a crash-course in this, "we" in the sense of regular posters on lbo-talk, know 95% of fuck-all about international terrorists, and thus that any sentence of this form has to be put in the "general amateur-hour bum-talking" category.

While we're on the subject, and despite what you have read here, nobody on lbo-talk has any real knowledge of the following topics (I am happy to be proved wrong on this list):

* how difficult it is to pilot a Boeing * how difficult it is for an unarmed person to overcome a person wielding a box-opener knife (actually, I have done this once, but have not yet seen fit to comment on the subject) * what makes steel-frame skyscrapers fall down * the current physical location of Osama bin Laden * the planned destination of the aeroplane which crashed in Pennsylvania * what the FBI, CIA or any other confidential agency knew at any time in the last year.

d^2

===== ... in countries which do not enjoy Mediterranean sunshine idleness is more difficult, and a great public propaganda will be required to inaugurate it. -- Bertrand Russell