Backlash targets Arab Americans

Jeffrey Fisher jfisher at igc.org
Thu Sep 13 12:45:08 PDT 2001

apparently, arab-americans are bringing all this on themselves:

http://www.detnews.com/2001/editorial/0109/13/a17-293001.htm

a snippet: "That suggests Arab- and Muslim-Americans could do more to aid their own cause. A nice start would have been to forcefully denounce the Palestinians who danced and celebrated on the West Bank as thousands of Americans lay dying in the rubble of the World Trade Center and Pentagon. No image from Tuesday's horror generated more resentment."

of course, he cites our much-disussed dancing in the streets images and (elsewhere) the usual cast of characters: emerson, pipes, heritage . . .