gordon sinclair: hoax? no...

paul childs npchilds at connect.ab.ca
Thu Sep 13 00:01:55 PDT 2001

If I can chime in from the frozen North.............

Sinclair was known, affectionately, as a 'curmudgeon'. Right. In much the same way Jesse Helms was a 'curmudgeon'. Apparently 'curmudgeon' in this context means that you use racial slurs for anyone who isn't a white anglo saxon, call women of any age 'girls' and long for the days when the world was at war (where Sinclair learned his, um, profession). He was a 'fixture' in Cdn broadcasting, just as your toilet is a 'fixture' in your bathroom. The voice of imperialist British reaction, tempered with blind pr

I remember listening to his America screed when I was about 12-13 years old and almost losing my cookies. Shit, it wasn't even funny when you were high, like a lot of bad recordings from that era.

It was syncophancy of the highest order and an embarrassment to many Canadians. If the US media is re-broadcasting it to boost morale, they're welcome to it.

PC

http://netwinsite.com/dbabble/