What is the moral course

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Sep 13 14:59:07 PDT 2001

Precisely what's so ridiculous about it, Max? It may be ridiculous in the context of mainstream U.S. politics, but I don't see why we should observe those conventions.

What conceivable military response could the U.S./NATO take that would stop a recurrence of this sort of thing? It doesn't take that many dedicated, desperate, and disciplined people to wreak major havoc. Any likely military action is likely to produce fresh volunteers for the cause, not long-term peace.

So what's your idea of a nonridiculous approach?

Doug