HART-RUDMAN COMMISSION

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Thu Sep 13 15:51:05 PDT 2001

http://www.infowar.com/iwftp/cloaks/00/24_Jul_2000_to_25_Jul_2000_(_2000-154 ).shtml HART-RUDMAN COMMISSION. The Phase I and Phase II Reports of the US Commission on National Security are on-line (PDF format) at the web site below. Phase I looks at future threats to national security and Phase II deals with national interests, goals and objectives. Phase III, which is due next spring, will deal with recommended force structures. Since the Pentagon will be required to produce another QDR (Quadrennial Defense Review) next year, the Hart-Rudman report may be taken as starting place, or as an alternative. The second URL is a critique of the report by Dr Andrew Krepinevich (LTC, USA-Ret), Director of the Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments. http://www.nssg.gov/Reports/reports.htm http://www.csbaonline.org/4Publications/Archive/B.20000419.Hart-Rudman_Commi s/B.20000419.Hart-Rudman_Commis.htm