Nathan corrected

lweiger at umich.edu lweiger at umich.edu
Thu Sep 13 18:12:09 PDT 2001

--On Thursday, September 13, 2001 5:00 PM -0500 Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

> Daniel Davies wrote:
> >
> > --- lweiger at umich.edu wrote: >
> >

> d^2, It seems to me that these hysterics (lweiger & co) have received
> more than enough attention from others. Why not let them fume in peace.
> Max is, I think, wrong in his responses, but at least he offers rational
> positions to argue against.
>
> Carrol

I should've asked in my last e-mail exactly which of my claims(apparently impenetrable through argument) you find to be so hysterical: mass acts of terrorism are rarely justified and apologia for such acts is misplaced, the mainstream media is capable of accurately reporting events on occasion, Chomsky's analysis of the US Khmer Rouge leaves something to be desired, Soviet imperialism in Afghanistan was justified, or that the well-being of all persons (as opposed to the destruction of institutions and peoples judged undesriable) is the goal of social justice? Was my question about which means (from pacifism to war) the US ought to employ in response to this act of terrorism "hysterical?"

-- Luke