(no subject)

Zak McGregor zak at mighty.co.za
Thu Sep 13 19:42:42 PDT 2001

On Thu, 13 Sep 2001 22:22:11 -0400 (EDT) Luke Benjamin Weiger <lweiger at umich.edu> wrote:

> > Luke, if you struggle to answer that question there is something
> amiss,
> > no? I fail to understand under what conditions the weapons
> inspections
> > were justifiable.
> >
> Zak, thanks for addressing me by name, which is a courtesy Carrol is
> unwilling to extend.
>
> As for weapons inspections, I happen to believe that the lower the
> number
> of states with weapons of mass destruction, the better.

I suspect we're addressing two different issuies here Luke. You're addressing the number of states with weapons of mass destruction (a whole 'nother debate*, yes?), whilst I am suggesting that Iraqi non-compliance with the weapons inspectors is fine with me (not that that counts, but hey).

* For what it's worth, I'd rather _not_ see only the US and allies with such weapons. It is too late though - all the guns are drawn and no-one is going to drop theirs first.

Cheers

Zak