Assassination - Re: What is the moral course

Dennis dperrin13 at mediaone.net
Fri Sep 14 11:16:40 PDT 2001

> Charismatic leaders and the historical context that brings them to power
> are inexorably interwoven. However, to suggest that the course of events
> is not altered by the actions of said leaders is quite naive. You happen
> to be in good company, though. Tolstoy thought likewise.
>
> -- Luke

Well, your formulation seems mystical to me: the "what if" school of poli sci. "If" Pol Pot had been offed in the US bombing from 1970 -75 that killed some 600,000 Cambodians and ripped the country wide open, would the KR have ceased to exist? Would the nativist anger against US bombing been of little import? Somehow I doubt it, but, again, who really knows? I don't, and you, my academic friend don't either.

DP