Michael Pugliese, Liberal?

michael pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Fri Sep 14 17:57:37 PDT 2001

Heh, I really have to chuckle sometimes at all the things I 've been called in the last two yrs. since I finally boughty a computer and started spilling my ramblings over the net. Barry Stoller of Proletarian News who was here briefly and at marxist at yahoogroups.com before he was purged called me a, "Right-Wing Intriguer, " a few days ago on either anti-capitalism at yahoogroups.com or rad-green the list of Macdonald Stainsby, who seems top have disappeared from pen-l and lbo-talk after brief sorties into the land of the Henwoodites. (Yes, on marxmail, a while back that, "ite, " was invented. Zizekians and pomoistas need not apply for admittance to the Vanguard;-)

Meanwhile, my Dad, in all his neurotic imcomprehension of his son's leftism for now these last 25 yrs. yrs since I was a teenage marxist, seriously thought I might have been involved in a, "terrorist network, " behind the WTC/Pentagon events. Do some heavy duty property destruction at the Concord Naval Weapons Station in 1984 after a Vietnam Vet gets his legs shorn off by a train loaded with munitions bound for El Salvador and express a desire to pick coffee in Nicaragua in '83, and wham, your folks think their morphed into cadre for the Weather Underground.

In the end, alot of my carping and cavilling at what pradep called the hard left here on lbo-talk is motivated by a need to correct analytical or historical or conceptual/epistemological and moral errors of those that express what I used to believe without equivocation.

I remain, somewhat of a neo-marxist but, one who will not stop picking up The Nation, Dissent or TNR because someone disapproves. Bah. Michael Pugliese