International Losses

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sat Sep 15 05:41:50 PDT 2001

Kelley posted:

>Country Missing and Presumed dead
>
>Japan 100 (MSNBC report on Thursday)
>Great Britain 400 (BBC TV report on Thursday evening)
>Canada 100 (CBC report on Thursday)
>Australia 50 (The Australian)

I imagine Koizumi is gearing up to make use of 100 Japanese individuals missing & presumed dead to push the Japanese public into finally sending Japanese soldiers into combat zones side by side with soldiers of the American & other allied armed forces -- the goal that the Japanese Right has been inching toward for a long time.

Do you or does anyone else know how many people of the Middle Eastern backgrounds are missing & presumed dead in the WTC bombings? I haven't heard the media mention Arabs, Muslims, Arab-Americans, Muslim-Americans, or anyone from the Middle East as victims of the bombings. Have you all? With so many people working at the WTC, I'd think that some of them must have fallen into one of the above categories.

Yoshie